Need a "new" computer to replace old windows 7 refurb.

I need to swap out an old refurb with something modern..
due to its use for online banking and stock market..

Need something modern with windows 11. would prefer 12+ gen intel or ryzen 5000 series+

Cant find anything at a decent price.. would like under $400

also no laptops.

Beelink or one of many other mini PC brands off Amazon. Can be had with 16GB memory and 512GB SSDs running Windows 11 for under $200.

EDIT: But now that I look at the specs it says nothing about it including Windows or any other operating system. Strange because I bought this exact model and Windows 11 Pro was included. Hmm.

If Mayfield Heights isn't far, go to MicroCenter

They come with Windows 10 but I think you can upgrade (for free) to 11. Sorry, I know nothing about Intel CPUs nowadays or what "12+ gen" means. One of 'em has an i7 processor while the rest are all i5.

I need to swap out an old refurb with something modern..
due to its use for online banking and stock market..

Need something modern with windows 11. would prefer 12+ gen intel or ryzen 5000 series+

also no laptops.
This is a fenomenal computer, we got a couple of them. It's an 8-Core Ryzen with 32GB DDR5, 1TB SSD, and Windows 11 (included). It even plays a bunch of 3D Games, even GTA V. We had these for like 6 months, and they've been rock solid. It's $469, but well worth the price. The integrated graphics is solid, and it's blazing fast.

Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BXWSXRTJ

1706225222866.jpg

Bought a Beelink last fall. 5500U,so far it is doing everything I need it to and at $259 it was a good deal. Runs all 3 monitors just fine.

3D Printed an enclosure for an older blue ray burner (Not that I've burned anything in forever, but I do have some software on DVD's I use) and have a big USB3 Hub to connect everything else to. Works as it should and came with Windows 11.

If Mayfield Heights isn't far, go to MicroCenter

They come with Windows 10 but I think you can upgrade (for free) to 11. Sorry, I know nothing about Intel CPUs nowadays or what "12+ gen" means. One of 'em has an i7 processor while the rest are all i5.
12gen intel starts with 12 in the model number etc.
ie 12400
The closest thing at microcenter is a lowly acer with 8GB for 399.. also 45-50min drive one way.

This is a fenomenal computer, we got a couple of them. It's an 8-Core Ryzen with 32GB DDR5, 1TB SSD, and Windows 11 (included). It even plays a bunch of 3D Games, even GTA V. We had these for like 6 months, and they've been rock solid. It's $469, but well worth the price. The integrated graphics is solid, and it's blazing fast.

Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BXWSXRTJ

That is over budget it needs to be under 400 including tax unfortunately.

Bought a Beelink last fall. 5500U,so far it is doing everything I need it to and at $259 it was a good deal. Runs all 3 monitors just fine.

3D Printed an enclosure for an older blue ray burner (Not that I've burned anything in forever, but I do have some software on DVD's I use) and have a big USB3 Hub to connect everything else to. Works as it should and came with Windows 11.
That is an option I am considering.

Last edited:
Ended up snagging a new HP s01-pf2033w "slim pc"
has actual desktop parts (vs laptop)

i3-12100
16GB ram
500GB ssd

$240 after tax shipping and another 8GB chip to make 16GB.

Should be quite the upgrade from a 7 or 8 year old refurb with hdd.

Setup that PC today.
The old one wasnt that bad... 8GB ram, 500GB HDD-seagate 7200.12?
Amd processor....

Oh wait it was a amd athlon II B26 from 2011 with 1193 cpumark. new one is aprox 11x faster :)

Back