Mysterious buyer of land around Fairfield, California revealed to be several mostly American investors

I recall there was some controversy over the past year when several articles and stories popped up about this group buying out land at what seemed to be inflated prices in Solano County and Fairfield, California. The land was in mostly rural parts of the county, but also surrounding Travis Air Force Base, which led to some conspiracy theories that it might be a foreign entity looking to spy on the west coast HQ for the Strategic Airlift Command.

This group is now the single largest landowner in Solano County. Now they've revealed themselves as trying to set up a residential community.

I recall there was some controversy over the past year when several articles and stories popped up about this group buying out land at what seemed to be inflated prices in Solano County and Fairfield, California. The land was in mostly rural parts of the county, but also surrounding Travis Air Force Base, which led to some conspiracy theories that it might be a foreign entity looking to spy on the west coast HQ for the Strategic Airlift Command.

This group is now the single largest landowner in Solano County. Now they've revealed themselves as trying to set up a residential community.

Conspiracy hucksters will say anything to make a $.

Are they closing the base soon?
No, it's a logistics base used by cargo planes to supply the Pacific region. They will never close it.

The conglomerate that bought the land is now sueing the farmers that sold it. Said they "colluded" to overprice it. The rotten bastages want it for free. I hope the County denies their requests for rezoning

No, it's a logistics base used by cargo planes to supply the Pacific region. They will never close it.

I previously said "Strategic Airlift Command" which is not a thing. My bad. They're part of the Air Mobility Command which performs a combination of military cargo operations and aerial refueling. The US Navy also has some tenant operations there.

The last time I was there was with the family for the 2014 Thunder Over Solano air show.

I remember there used to be mobilizations of troops at Ford Odd, near Monterey. But they would have to be transported to Travel AFB for that. Seemed a bit odd, since that was maybe a good 3 hours drive. I found this discussion on the Army perhaps constructing an airfield or lengthening the small airport (currently the Marina Municipal Airport) was considered before a recommendation to close Fort Ord.

Currently, the 7th Infantry Division uses a civilian airport or travels 150 miles to Travis Air Force Base. The Commission found that building an airfield at Fort Ord (or enhancing the existing airfield) will cost approximately $97 million; however, environmental concerns may prevent the construction.​

The conglomerate that bought the land is now sueing the farmers that sold it. Said they "colluded" to overprice it. The rotten bastages want it for free. I hope the County denies their requests for rezoning
People still believe in "free markets" myth.

So they colluded to consolidate it in secret and their suing the sellers for price fixing.

How trite.

Back