Motorcraft Bulk Oil distributor- IL

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting. This is a real neat site, lots of great information. Hope I am posting in the right area, if not I appologize. I am looking for a bulk oil distributor that carries Motorcraft 15w40 and 5w20 in the Northern Illinois area. Our current distributor (Rainbo) has gone way down hill and I cannot find another replacement searching online. Any information or guidance in searching would help me out alot. Thanks

given that Motorcraft oil is blended to Ford's specifications and licensed to Ford Motor Co. As such, I don't think there's such a thing called Motorcraft "bulk oil" to begin with (on the other hand: Conoco-Philips does have bulk oil).

Q.

Why wouldn't Motorcraft have bulk oil? Maybe I don't know the true meaning of the term. I thought "bulk oil" was simply oil that is shipped in bulk (most often, a 55-gal drum). Surely, Ford dealerships don't actually use quarts of oil when they service their vehicles, do they?

Currently we are getting 15w40 pumped from a delivery truck into our tank. They claim its Motorcraft oil and they are a distributor of it. The bill has a motorcraft# XO-15w40-B. We also get cases of the 5w20 syn. blend and are looking to get 55gal. drums of it. Would be a shame if this whole time we were not getting Motorcraft oil and paying for the name.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Surely, Ford dealerships don't actually use quarts of oil when they service their vehicles, do they?

Pompano Ford Lincoln Mercury was using quarts of oil for awhile back when the Full Synthetic Motorcraft came out..They have since went to bulk oil...The customers liked it better as they actually saw what they were paying for go into their vehicles.

With the bulk oil you just have to take their word the right oil is going in.

Originally Posted By: Quest
given that Motorcraft oil is blended to Ford's specifications and licensed to Ford Motor Co. As such, I don't think there's such a thing called Motorcraft "bulk oil" to begin with (on the other hand: Conoco-Philips does have bulk oil).

Q.

Yes, there is. I work for an oil distributor, and we have over a dozen large 7000+ gallon tanks, some of which are filled with Motorcraft that we pump into drums and send out to customers.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Yes, there is. I work for an oil distributor, and we have over a dozen large 7000+ gallon tanks, some of which are filled with Motorcraft that we pump into drums and send out to customers.

Ahh see, thanks for clarifications.

In other words: as opposed to straight from Conoco-Philips labelled as "Motorcraft xxwxx" bulk, it's a repump/repackaging from larger oil tank into small tins (j/k) and then labelled "Motorcraft xxwxx"...

Cheers,

Q.

(*all along the way I was thinking national level oil company brands such as Pennzoyl, Vavolyne, etc.)

I just had my oil changed at a Ford dealer beacuse of free oil changes for the first year on a new car. I questioned the manager of that part of the shop and he said that is was MC 5-20 and they get it in bulk 300 gallon loads. The MC filters are in boxes of a dozen. No way to check for sure what oil I really got. This was in NW Arkansas.

We get genuine Motorcraft 5w20, 5w30 syn blend, 5w20 full synth, 15w40 and Mercon V in bulk. WE have all the other fluids in bottles in parts.

Check with your local dealer or FAD to see who the bulk supplier is.

Originally Posted By: Quest
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Ahh see, thanks for clarifications.

In other words: as opposed to straight from Conoco-Philips labelled as "Motorcraft xxwxx" bulk, it's a repump/repackaging from larger oil tank into small tins (j/k) and then labelled "Motorcraft xxwxx"...

Cheers,

Q.

(*all along the way I was thinking national level oil company brands such as Pennzoyl, Vavolyne, etc.)

We even bulk fill Pennzoil, Quaker State, Service Pro and Citgo brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back