Mobil 1 0W/20 EP; 10,139 Miles, 2005 Civic 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
05_CIVIC_VP_158275.jpg

Filter > Fram Filtration XG7317 Ultra 19,428 mi

Originally Posted By: dblshock
nice, what sort of driving on the report?

The use of this car really doesn't change much, it is mixed highway/suburban. It does usually get good and warm.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

The use of this car really doesn't change much, it is mixed highway/suburban. It does usually get good and warm.

well you've had a good run, almost perfect climate, probably not red lining the sedan often. I'd still bump to a 5W30 down there and hope the chain guides go 300k. very high resale value car at any mileage.

well you've had a good run, almost perfect climate, probably not red lining the sedan often. I'd still bump to a 5W30 down there and hope the chain guides go 300k. very high resale value car at any mileage.

Perfect analysis and you suggest using thicker...its clear this oil is doing great but you cant accept it.

Great report, I agree you can go 12k miles for sure.

Originally Posted By: zeng
Solid UOA here ... I suppose similar oils used in previous UOA's ?

Yes, though most of them were 5/20EP and if you go back in the history some of it was regular M1.

BTW that 4842 mile sample was an interim sample due to the potassium that showed up in the prior report, the oil wasn't changed there. The Potassium is still unexplained.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Perfect analysis and you suggest using thicker...its clear this oil is doing great but you cant accept it.

Great report, I agree you can go 12k miles for sure.

Funny this should come up. The iron on these reports generally causes some controversy, at least it has in the past. Someone almost always suggest 5/30. For no other real reason than the fact that the Prius uses it as well, I put 5/30EP in (and a A01 on) it this time around, so I guess we will see if it makes any difference.

I may pull a sample at 6000 or so and see if its still on track to make 12,000. Though the maintenance light comes hard on at 10,000 so I'll have to reset that if I'm going to go 12,000.

It doesn't have a lot of power, so I'd bet it hits redline more often than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back