Mix 2 different 2-cycle oils together?(Bobzoil 2C dino, Mobil syn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blending two cycle oils is always a bad idea. Adding additives to two cycle oils is also a bad idea. Especially one with mettalics like moly and antinomy. You wall have more deposits by doing this and ultimatly more wear.

[ October 25, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: blano ]

quote:

Originally posted by blano:
Blending two cycle oils is always a bad idea. Adding additives to two cycle oils is also a bad idea. Especially one with mettalics like moly and antinomy. You wall have more deposits by doing this and ultimatly more wear.

Ben, I misunserstood what you said. Are you saying that moly in 2 cycle oil is bad, or are you stating that he should not mix two different oils? Both Yamalube and Quicksilver Premium Plus contain moly, and both are top of the line oils that people have used for years with no problem. Let me know your thoughts, Joe

Any reason not to blend 2 different 2-cycle oils in the same gallon of gas? The Mobil(M2XT?) seems very highly thought of here, as well as some good reports on the Schaeffer blend 2C oil. I have some Schaeffer dino 2C oil- what about mixing that ~50-50 with the Mobil syn M2XT in 1 gallon of Chevron 93 octane, along with 1 oz of Neutra? That way, it'd get cleaning benefits from the syn, moly from the Bobzoil/Schaeffer. Half a dose of Moly should still be pretty good, yes?
grin.gif
Since learning in the last few days that the 50:1 Gas:eek:il mix is largely for political correctness
frown.gif
, I'd mix it over all at from 40:1 to 32:1 for my 50:1 Husky 51 saw, Stihl FS 80 trimmer, & tbd blower.

Has anyone tried something similar to this?

quote:

Originally posted by blano:
What I was saying is adding additional mettalic additives is a bad idea as is blendin two differan toils. BTW Where did find out QS and yamalube has moly in it? My gut tells me moly isnt the best additive for a two stroke.

Ben I have copy of an article that was in Bass and Walleye magazine that was written on two stroke oils. Even though no performance tests were done, they did conduct VOAs of several different oils. If you are interested, I can mail you a copy, it was faxed to me, and I doubt you could read this thing if I faxed it again. Maybe I should post the results in the VOA section, but the article itself is too long to retype. Let me know if you want a copy, Joe

I know that 2 cycle oils and the related additives are designed to work as a system. So with that in mind mixing oils today is a bad idea.

But, I used to do just that with very good results. I was a struggling engineering student and I would mix Castrol dino with Bel Ray MC1+ years ago. This was done for financial reasons and because I wanted the Gallon of Bel Ray I had to last much longer. Looking back on what I did, it really was not my best idea!

Chris

What I was saying is adding additional mettalic additives is a bad idea as is blendin two differan toils. BTW Where did find out QS and yamalube has moly in it? My gut tells me moly isnt the best additive for a two stroke.

[ October 26, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: blano ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back