Minijack to USB adapter, more sound volume?

This is for a PC application. Not too long ago i bough new set of fancy headphones with mic, replacing damaged/broken Razer headphones. However while these new headphones are really nice and costed decent penny, the volume of the sound is way lower than my old Razer headphones. Razer headphones had i USB connector and my new ones use minijack (3.5mm) connector. I`ve seen minijack to usb adapter/soundcard online and wonder if i get one of those i might get louder sound volume, or is just a waste of money?

I had the same issue plugging a headset directly into the 3.5 mm jack built into my company laptop. Getting a USB to 3.5 mm audio adapter resolved the issue.

I had the same issue plugging a headset directly into the 3.5 mm jack built into my company laptop. Getting a USB to 3.5 mm audio adapter resolved the issue.
I see. Seems like that adapter is worth a shot. Those new headphones are great, just want more sound like old Razer headphones with USB connector had.

Check to see if you've already maxed out the sound level in the windows sound settings - sometimes different apps might have a lower sound level.

1707614026847.jpg

If all the volumes are already maxed out, the onboard sound probably doesn't have enough power to drive your headset so yes a converter can help with volume.

Check to see if you've already maxed out the sound level in the windows sound settings - sometimes different apps might have a lower sound level.

View attachment 202900

If all the volumes are already maxed out, the onboard sound probably doesn't have enough power to drive your headset so yes a converter can help with volume.
I`ve checked all settings, everything is at max volume. So yes i think i try the converter

The cheap little converters (more technically known as "USB soundcards") all have the same cheap chip inside, but it does have a reasonably strong output.

"funny" how things get changed-removed!! windows 11 is the worse IMO!!!

Back