Michelin Premier All Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently wearing my way through some Michelin Defenders, but they seem to be wearing a little faster than I expected.

Does anyone have these Michelin Premier All Season yet? Any opinions/reviews appreciated.

They're not out yet
48.gif

They're supposed to be released next month.

Keep in mind that the Premier is replacing the Primacy MXV4. Neither will last as long as the Defender.

The Defender has more of an emphasis on tread life, where as the MXV4 and Premier run more towards the handling side.

How many miles on your Defenders?

There are a few threads here on them.. look for "michelin evergrip"

the threads weren't properly titled.

I know these new Premiers have "evergrip" technology, but I think they are different than the actual Michelin Evergrip tires.

I have probably 50,000 kms (31,250 miles) on them and they are have 65% left.

Kudos to you for owning a car with taller sidewalls, and narrower tread. Your wallet and backside will thank you for it!

General Altimax

Usually I wouldnt' recommend a "general tire", but given it's fantastic reviews and rated #1 in it's category, it's hard to beat esp at it's price

Seriously considering a set for my BMW when I downsize to 15's from 16's

Last edited:
We have them in stock and have sold a few sets so far. Basically they replaced the Primacy MXV4 line and are being marketed is a safer tire at a premium price. 60k warranty, full depth siping. The groves and channels expand as the tire wears mainaint wet traction over the life of the tire. Claim shorter wet stopping distance both new and worn vs new conpeitors. The tread depth starts off new at only about 9/32. Basically, if you want longevity its the defender. Best wet safety, the premier. Seem like a decent tire, yet very expensive.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I know these new Premiers have "evergrip" technology, but I think they are different than the actual Michelin Evergrip tires.

I have probably 50,000 kms (31,250 miles) on them and they are have 65% left.

there are NO michelin "evergrip" tires.

the threads about michelin evergrip

are the premier a/s with evergrip

ok...If Defenders are the best in terms of longevity, I will evaluate at the end of these set if I pursue another make. So far, not really worth the premium dollars over other brands in terms of wear.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
ok...If Defenders are the best in terms of longevity, I will evaluate at the end of these set if I pursue another make. So far, not really worth the premium dollars over other brands in terms of wear.

I'd agree but I didn't pay (much of)a premium for my defenders.

The general rt43 is the best price/performance standard touring tire out there currently.

The Defender is supposedly a 90K mile tire here in the States. How many miles are on yours showing wear? I have these Defenders on my Crown Vic & so far Im impressed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Kudos to you for owning a car with taller sidewalls, and narrower tread. Your wallet and backside will thank you for it!

General Altimax

Usually I wouldnt' recommend a "general tire", but given it's fantastic reviews and rated #1 in it's category, it's hard to beat esp at it's price

Seriously considering a set for my BMW when I downsize to 15's from 16's

+1

Put a set on my 2000 Altima. At 71k miles... Still plenty of tread left. They rode nice. Handled great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back