Meguiar's White Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g6107-white-wax/

Saw this at Target (of all places). It was $9.99. Anyone try it yet? White cars are notorious difficult to get that "just waxed" or "wet" look on.

"Waxes for white to light colored cars, require a formula that provides "brightness" to the paint to make it shine. This specially formulated wax is designed to make your paint shine with the help of its cleaning agents.

• Specially formulated for light to white colors.
• Removes light oxidation and contaminants.
• Micro cleaners restore paint brightness.
• Synthetic Polymers provide long lasting, durable, protection."

That's still a lot of money for a relatively small tube, in my opinion. I don't mind paying if the results are excellent, however.

Saw the commercials but I'm skeptical. I'm going to be doing my wife's MDX soon and I somehow think I'll be better off with my Collinite 845.

Still plenty happy with the results from the old maroon bottle Meguiar's cleaner/wax. My car has the "crystal white pearl" (metallic white) paint. It looks plenty shiny for about two days after washing and then it's covered with dust and dirt.

Beading water after one year, but I am garaged all day, at home and work.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Saw the commercials but I'm skeptical. I'm going to be doing my wife's MDX soon and I somehow think I'll be better off with my Collinite 845.

Maybe I'll do one-half of my hood with the White Wax, the other half with the 845.

Megs said that the White Wax has more cleaners in it to clean the dirt off the lighter colored vehicles and it also has some paint conditioners in it for the paint. The Black wax has less cleaners but more paint conditioners to make the paint dazzle with the wet look and gloss. You can use Black wax on light colored cars if you know for a fact that your paint is clean...i.e. clay barred etc... If its not smooth as glass then use the White wax.

White Wax shouldnt be compared to 845. It's an all in one product, meant to be a polish, cleaner, and decent wax. It can be topped with 845, Meg's Ultimate Wax, among others.

It's a very good product when the expectations are correct. Dont expect it to last as long as 845. It wasnt designed that way.

Again, very good product. I use and like it.

Used this on a 2011 Sonata White Diamond Pearl finish. Could not believe how good it looked in the sun. Good product.

I think it probably performs a lot like NXT 2.0 except with more cleaners and less oils. I notice the NXT while darkening my black Caddy noticeably, those oils that serve to darken the paint also tend to dull the sharpness in the reflection that a pure wax with no darkening oils like Collinite does.

And forget about Gold Class, on pure black cars Gold Class wax just looks like I smeared vegetable oil on the paint.

I'd say get it if you have a white car and just want an easy one step.

Using your Porter Cable 7424XP, run around the car with CarPro Reflect, M205 or SF4000 - and it will add more "pop" than any of these gimmicky waxes/sealants.

I'm pretty certain the people interested in using these aren't going to be interested in a multi-step process.

These types of products are marketed to the absolute laziest detailers possible. Considering most people with white cars let their cars go to such an extent that they need heavy correction it's no wonder people are claiming it works miracles.

I think the closest other product to this would be D151, it's a similar strong cut cleaner and sealant. Though I doubt this white wax has as much cut as D151 I'm betting the results would be similar except the white wax likely leaves longer lasting protection.

After reading online yup my guess was pretty spot on. It's basically a consumer version of D151 but with more sealant and easier wipeoff that consumer level detailers expect. Per the Meguiar's forum admin.

"There is a certain similarity in that both are technically cleaner waxes, but the user experience is very different with White Wax and D151 - the White Wax is a much smoother, butter like application, wipes off easier and offers a bit more protection. "

Last edited:
You're probably right - though I know that dparm received a 7424xp for Christmas and could use this opportunity to use it.

OT: D151 can be gnarly stuff if used on soft, dark paints. According to Jason Rose, who was on the development team for this product, it's basically a light compound with some protection. While the results may be fine, once the protection and fillers wear off, you may have find some haze in the finish. But then again, the people who use D151 are usually high-volume production facilities that could care less about haze.
56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back