McMillan TAC-50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Yuk
The sniper, Corporal Rob Furlong, is not only Canadian, he was a member of the 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI), which is based here in Edmonton.
08.gif

Yes, yes. Credit is due there.
But the ammo with the kill was a "hotter" U.S.-made .50 cal when the, even explained by Furlong, Canadian .50 cal rounds ran out.
That's the only non-Canadian varaible I've thought of.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

I recently found out that the world-record for in-combat sniping is held by a Canadian, using the .50 BMG round, fired from a McMillan TAC-50.

I didn't see anyone mention that it was 1.5 miles. It was on the History Channel last night, just happened to catch it.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

I recently found out that the world-record for in-combat sniping is held by a Canadian, using the .50 BMG round, fired from a McMillan TAC-50.

I didn't see anyone mention that it was 1.5 miles. It was on the History Channel last night, just happened to catch it.

The snipe with the TAC-50 was 2,657 yards.

No, but they left us all to do the math.
crazy2.gif

I have every intention on getting one of these guns at some point. Just an incredible weapon.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
About 30 years ago I dreamed of a Barret semi auto but then I realized the cost to feed it.

Yes, the shells are expensive. Looks like I will need to learn to load my own.

Interesting note: The McMillan is a small fraction of the price of the M82A1, which was my "first love" in the .50 cal world.

I'm the guy that would hide in a bush in Ghost Recon and repeatedly kill everybody with that gun at LAN parties. This is going back almost a decade. That game was what fostered my interest in the real thing, and it has become a bit of an obsession since then.

I would take the McMillan TAC-50 over the Barett just because 1 shot is usually all it takes to finish the job, lol Yes, reloading is the cheapest way to use one of those rifles and also the best way to help improve accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back