Live Eagle Cam

I thought I would share this. The pair of eagles nest here every year about eight miles from me at Redwood Elementary School in Avon Lake Ohio. The nest is about 70 feet in the air. Also where the eclipse on April 8th will reach totality. Sure would like to see how the mother eagle reacts to it.

One used to nest on Blenerhasset Island, near Parkersburg WV when we lived in Ohio. We'd go see the nesting pair every spring. They were juveniles though, and didn't raise chicks while we were there.
Now, here in Florida, there's quite a few. Some out on the barrier islands of the Intracoastal, and some right behind my house in the tall pines.
Also can be seen in the Meritt Island Natural area, close to Cape Kennedy.
If you're a nature lover, also check out the live Manatee cams at Blue Springs State Park, FL.

Recently, I have seen hawks nesting along the closed-off section of Highway 1 at Devils Slide 30 minutes south of SF. There are also ospreys nesting in the trees around Lake Merced. I have seen bald eagles at Sweeney ridge, on Mount Tam, and along the Marin shore. I keep seeing great horned owls crossing the highway when I'm out at dusk.

I've been seeing a lone eagles the last couple years come around scoping things out at the pond. This year I saw a pair in the back yard flying together. Must be a nest somewhere around. The other side of the river is pretty wild.

Back