LED drop light

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had a black and decker drop light. It was half covered with LEDs so the beam wasn't wasted pointing behind you. It had a solid base so it could be set on the ground and still stand. It had a hook on top for hanging from the hood. It had a high and low setting and was rechargeable. It was a very good light and was bright many hours between charges. I would like to purchase it but is no longer made.

I picked up a craftsman and am disappointed with it. First, it is not very bright, not free standing, doesnt hold a charge very long and you have to click it several times to cycle through its functions.

Any decent portable ones out there. I liked the B&D and the fact it was not wired was great so you could take it anywhere, but if it was dead you could still use it while plugged in.

I've looked at Walmart, HF, HD, Lowe's and Sears and not really seeing anything 'great' that is worth taking a chance on.

What you using?

1000th post

Last edited:
I've used quite a few and on a dollar for dollar basis, the Black and Decker Bright Bar is the best. I even use mine when camping. It's just a good tool. No better way to describe it. It's a good tool at a reasonable price.

I'm certain there are better LED droplights. I'm also certain that you will pay substantially more for them.

It's on average only a couple of bucks more than the lesser cheap yellow plastic Chinese LED droplights but is built substantially better. Battery life far surpasses the cheapies too. I'm suprised they haven't changed the color of the plastic and rebranded this tool as a deWalt.

I have the Craftsman too. The LED color is less white. Almost a green to my eyes. It doesn't bother me though. I'm just of the opinion that the B&D is a better design.

I'm the only one at work who uses the LED lights though. Everybody else's eyes favor the fluorescents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back