Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Garak
Yes, true. What vehicles have real, uncoated leather these days? A Bentley or Rolls?

It's been a while since I sat in a new Roller but the quarter million dollar merc we went to lunch in yesterday was painted leather.

I see very little 'open' hide and I clean leather for a living.

It may not be open, but the feel is drastically different. The leather in my BMW has more grab and better thexture than the Honda I mentioned (11 CRV). A friend just got a new infinit SUV, and that leather is also substantially different than the honda plastic stuff. Heck, my 82 MB tex has better texture and feel than many of the new coated leathers, which remind me of a plastic sandwach bag stretched out super tight to be conformal.

Originally Posted By: Russell
I am still confused. How can I condition older coated leather that is a bit hard or stiff like my old BMW?

If anything will work, it will be the leatherique system.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Russell
I am still confused. How can I condition older coated leather that is a bit hard or stiff like my old BMW?

If anything will work, it will be the leatherique system.

I used it many years ago. Left the leather nice and soft with very low shine. Think I will use it again.

Im going to try ArmorAll leather care today and see how long it last and for the looks.I been using Meguiars Rich Leather Foam for a few years and still have lots left so ya im going to try ArmorAll to see the results

I noticed the leather in my Elantra is way different than the leather in my older Sonata was. I used Lexol on it and it actually absorbed it. If there is a plastic/vinyl coating on it, it sure doesn't feel like it.

If most leather is coated,would a regular Armor All type protectant be all you need to keep it from fading,cracking,etc?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
If most leather is coated,would a regular Armor All type protectant be all you need to keep it from fading,cracking,etc?

When I got my Caprice I played saddle soap and the like...last "detail" I used 303.

Can *protectants* (vinyl/plastic protectants,not dedicated leather protectants) harm the stitching in the upholstery? Can`t remember where,but I`d read that many years back.

Well so far so good using Armor All Leather Care.Cant complain and im going to use it all up and try something different or just buy another one.Great stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back