latest cut open Auto-RX'd K&N oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L, 67K miles. Run 1500 miles on M1 10-30 with 12 oz. Auto-RX, K&N filter changed after first 500 miles.

After 500 miles:
 -

After 1500 miles:
 -

There was some dirt after 500 miles in the first filter, and now at an extra 1000 miles looks to be very clean. If anything the picture makes the filter look dirty, but it is very clean and you are seeing roughness that is the paper texture or scratch marks from the screwdriver I used to remove the paper from the filter. So the pictures are a little deceiving, the latest filter is very clean.

Now the engine is running new Mobil 1 10-30 + 3 oz. Auto-RX with a Trasko filter.

Keith.

interesting.

how does the inside of your engine look? care to pull a valve cover and snap a few pictures?

also, is there any way you can take pictures of the trasko after you change the element? i would be very interested to see pictures of the trasko used element, similar to what you have done with the k&n. there is such little talk of traskos here.

I will certainly snap a picture of the Trasko when I refill it - in about 4 months. Not going to disturb the valve cover though unless it springs a leak. Looking through the oil filler hole it looks very clean in there.

By the way, already done 200 miles on the Trasko and the oil is still looking very clean.

Keith.

[ May 28, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: keith ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back