Kohler 5400 series engine in cub cadet

I have a Kohler 5400 series engine, starts great, has plenty of power, and runs smooth. Problem is rattling jingle noise at any speed. Brake engaged or out. 130 hrs, started around 20 hours. Under warranty watch, but dealer does not want address until something catastrophic happens. Kohler 10w-30 synthetic blend. Any ideas or similar issues?

Are you sure it's from the engine. In my hydrostat non zero turn john deere that has a left clutch pedal it has a rattle and noise but as soon i press it the engine is only heard and sounds perfect. You could post a short vid where it's just the noise while at low rpm then slowly rev it to high revs and no voice. It could also be the deck brackets swaying which i hear until i greased them. There are also springs that can make some noise as you mow around.

I’d be curious to know if it’s resonance creating an issue. Is there a bracket loose or something? Have you tried the stethoscope method to listen and see if it is in fact the engine? I can’t imagine much in an engine that would jiggle.

Just my $0.02

Back