knowledge for lawn mower care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it wise to put some auto rx in a old honda lawn mower engine?? how about amsoil PI for the fuel...sometimes the mower will get clogged from time to time and i would have to hit the mower to get it running up again.

i never done an oil change in the 8 years i had it. i dont know if there is oil in it haha...it uses normal gasoline so im guessing amsoil would be ok? just cant put too much...**** dont even know how much gas is in there

Put some fuel in the tank and then invert and drain out. You might have some trash in there. Then you can use about 1 0z. of Neutra or API per 5 gal. Mix the Neutra or API in the gas bottle before adding to mower.

I like to change oil twice a year. Most small engines have no filters so whatever crud develops in the crankcase stays there until you change the oil.

1 qt per 5 gallons huh?? hahahah i think mine holds like 2 quarts of gas tahts about it...is it ok if i put too much amsoil PI?? lol i am going to change that oil today, the thing has no filter and only a butterly for the gas air/fuel mixture. im giong to put in some castrol gtx 10w-40...i have some old honda oil for that lawnmower but its wayy old...the bottle faded so iiono if its good...i just want to do the tune up then add auto rx later and then re-tune, lol maybe i can get 6 more years out of it.

i found out i got .65 gal or qt...im not sure but its one of those..i added 1.5 oz of PI to it and when i started it it really was stinky..hehe..i let it run for a while and it was a little more stable, im letting it sit over night right now.

i looked at the oil and it looks like a regular car oil with 1500 miles on it..its light color...imma change it any ways. i foudn the bolt, it was coverd in grass and grime hehe...ill let u know tomrrow afternoon.

Drifter, see if you can find the fuel hose going from the tank to the engine. If so, cut the fuel line and put a small engine fuel filter in the line, you can find one at just about any auto parts or hardware store. Definitley change the oil in your mower
smile.gif
-Joe

humm good question, i guess it stabalizes the fuel, all i want is it to be cleaned out..but yes someone comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back