Just compression tested the Accent.

Had a power balance code pointing to the injector on cylinder 2, but just to cross all my T's and dot all my I's I checked the compression before ordering one. Spec is 156(min)-177(standard)psi or above, at 230,098 miles it's making over 180psi. Very happy with that result and just wanted to share as I know some on here are interested in my high mileage Hyundai.

Gonna replace the injector and the injector harness (got an OEM one cheap awhile back) tomorrow and she should be running better than new!

pull the injectors and send them to @Trav ? ;)
Unfortunately it's likely the electrical part that's malfunctioning, only way it would set that code on the code set criteria and the funny symptoms I've been having have been intermittent in a way that points to an electronic failure. I had an intermittent misfire on cylinder 2 a while back and actually ran a cleaner directly through the rail and it didn't help.

At 230k, would there be small filters in each injector to check?

Is an electric failure in one old injector reason to suspect them all?

Replace this one and decide on complete replacement when the next one fails?

At 230k, would there be small filters in each injector to check?

Is an electric failure in one old injector reason to suspect them all?

Replace this one and decide on complete replacement when the next one fails?
I will probably do them all at some point, it's actually been on my preventative maintenance list of things to do for awhile but funds are tight right now and with as much garbage that's being pumped through the automotive parts chain post COVID I'm very leery to replace parts that haven't failed, especially electrical ones, too much junk is broke right out of the box.

I'm sure there's a filter in the injectors but I don't think the GDI ones are serviceable, most rebuild kits are just o-rings and combustion seals.

Back