Jumped on the GC bandwagon today

Status
Not open for further replies.
After much reading on here for the last couple of years, I decided to fire Mr.Mobil 1 and go with GC.As luck would have it I got it on sale today for 4.49 a qt., so I am off and running. Hopefully my 01' QX4 will enjoy it as much as I have been reading about it.I think I have the Gold GC...so hopefully I get good results.Thanks for all the helpful info you guys give on here!

assimilation.gif

Autozone. Sale started today. If you use an Autozone shopper's card and factor in the free $20 credit you get after 5 purchases of $20 or more, the effective cost is well under $4.00 per quart.

Anyone reading this thread be aware that Castrol Syntec 0W-30 technically is not included in the Castrol Syntec $4.49/quart sale. I just drove up to my local AutoZone and they would not honor the sale price for GC ($6.19/quart normal price) despite my pleading with the sales clerk.
mad.gif

I was surprised when it rang up 4.49 qt. Guess that was already programmed in the scanner. I noticed the 0w-30 was not listed in the sale, but I still got it cheaper.Also noticed it had on the outside of the bottle"European Formula"...never noticed it before on the other bottles I had looked at.

Quote:

I was surprised when it rang up 4.49 qt. Guess that was already programmed in the scanner.

I even had the clerk scan a bottle of GC to make sure it wasn't included in the sale...it rang up at the full $6.19/quart price. Oh well...I've got a ton of GC already, it's not like I really *need* more.

Andy, complete the sale. They always ring up at 6.19, but when they hit the total button, the discount comes off. The 0w30 is included in the sale, just not pictured in the ad because smaller Autozones don't carry 0w30. Happy hunting!

Everybody's right about completing the sale. I just picked up 13 qts. of green Tuesday
cheers.gif
(cleaned out AZ in East Point, GA) for $4.49/qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back