Jiffy Lube friends rejoice!

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
I know you're out there, coupons good till 5/31/24. Shipped free to you.
1000002041.jpg

>>>> 'participating' Ace Jiffy-Lubes.
They're scattered. Hudson, NY....Pittsfield, MA....many in the OP's state (SC).
Go to JL website and click on your state and call the nearest. They'll tell you.

The coupon states “valid up to 3000 miles following any Jiffy Lube oil change”…..”up to two quarts of oil” !!!!

Smart of them-our 10R80s are like a bomb waiting to go off! Worst since the infamous E4ODs…

What was wrong with the E4OD? The early ones were a little iffy, but the 4R100 is probably one of the toughest 4-speed auto's out there.

Same goes for the Chrysler "Ultradrive" trans. Sure, the early 41TE's had teething issues but after a couple years they morphed into one of the BEST 4-speed FWD transmissions ever produced.

Same goes for the Chrysler "Ultradrive" trans. Sure, the early 41TE's had teething issues but after a couple years they morphed into one of the BEST 4-speed FWD transmissions ever produced.
That's good to hear! Ours in the '07 Dodge Grand Caravan still seems good at 251K km (c. 156K miles), but may have been repaired or rebuilt before we got it at 199K km (c. 123K miles).

I installed a pan with a drain plug, and try to keep the Castrol ATF+4 fresh.

What was wrong with the E4OD? The early ones were a little iffy, but the 4R100 is probably one of the toughest 4-speed auto's out there.

The 4R100s were OK-we actually had one behind a 7.3 Powerstroke make it to 660K. The early E4ODs had a design flaw=the big combination gear had bushings inside (initially)-once the bushings were gone, aluminum bits started circulating everywhere... In my case, the valve body, causing random weirdness, like no drive, etc. We also had front pump issues with them. Once my indy tranny guy rebuilt mine with all the updates, it lasted the life of my E-250, and even got transplanted into one of the E-350 box trucks when it killed it's THIRD one! One problem is, my company has no idea what a scale or GVWR means-they think if it fits, it can haul it! They do get their share of DOT violations, though. I only had one Ultradrive, in a '90 Grand Caravan-fortunately an indy friend of a friend was an ex-Chrysler/Plymouth service manager, who hooked me up with a Mopar factory rebuilt/updated one. It was fine after that.

Back