Jenn-Air Dual Fuel Range

Model number JDS9860BDW
Serial number 13675764JN

Jenn-Air slide-in dual fuel downdraft range has a gas cooktop and electric oven. The cooktop still works fine with the 120V provide spark to igniters. However, the oven will not work at all since the touchpad won't light up. The oven light doesn't come on either.

I *assume* the culprit would be the control panel which I think is p/n WPW10206069. If so, then that is ~$310 from PartStore.com including $10 shipping. However, I'm not sure and want to be sure before I spend that much money.

Parts Diagram from A-1Appliance.com which shows the control panel/switch assembly as #1.
Or, would it be p/n WP8507P231-60 Electric Control per PartSelect.com?
Wiring diagram at bottom of this link.
IMG_4294.jpg
IMG_4288.jpg
IMG_4289.jpg

I would appreciate any help. I don't have a copy of the service manual. Thanks.

In these situations (expensive not returnable electronics), I usually go for used that I can easily return on eBay. In the worst case you can return them if swapping doesn't fix it and you are only out the shipping. In the best case you get something that fix the problem.

Any recommendations for board repair?
UpFix nearby in Buford, GA 1-year warranty for $90 + $11.89 inbound shipping + $14 outbound shipping = $115.88
The Repair Shack in Olathe, KS 1-year warranty $120 + $20 shipping = $140
PartSimple.com is part of CoreCentric Solutions in Carol Stream, IL & offers 2 repair options:
  1. Remanufactured with 1-year warranty in stock for $166.25 + $0 shipping = $166.25
  2. Repaired with 1-year warranty for $184 + $12 shipping inbound + $12 shipping outbound = $208

Last edited:
Any recommendations for board repair?
UpFix nearby in Buford, GA 1-year warranty for $90 + $11.89 inbound shipping + $14 outbound shipping = $115.88
The Repair Shack in Olathe, KS 1-year warranty $120 + $20 shipping = $140
PartSimple.com is part of CoreCentric Solutions in Carol Stream, IL & offers 2 repair options:
  1. Remanufactured with 1-year warranty in stock for $166.25 + $0 shipping = $166.25
  2. Repaired with 1-year warranty for $184 + $12 shipping inbound + $12 shipping outbound = $208
If you have an old toaster oven or something you could try heating the board and trying to get the solder to reflow. It may ruin the board though or it may work.

If you have an old toaster oven or something you could try heating the board and trying to get the solder to reflow. It may ruin the board though or it may work.
Probably not hot enough. Maybe a heat gun.

First I would check that the unit is getting proper power from the house. The ignition system only needs one leg of the 240 volts, the oven needs both.

My house in Cypress TX came with all Jenn-Air.....suppose to be an upgrade over standard ....what a joke....we had to call out for service on the double range /microwave/stove more times than i would care to think about.
My wife was still living at the time and would said her mothers gas range was a kemore at over 50 years old had never broke one time

Back