Japan false alarms it's citizens re NK missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it matters much in practice whether its real or fake/mistake

I was in Okinawa when (the last but one?) real one went over. There were alerts on the media and sirens.

I wasn't clear, though, what one was actually supposed to DO with an IRBM alert. I was in a wooden rental cottage with no basement.

Hide under the tea table I suppose, which in Japan probably involves an elaborate ritual with graceful, formalised gestures and exquisite carpentry.

In practice I did nothing, just made myself a cup of tea. Maybe the Okinawans are better prepped, but I doubt it.

OTOH, one would hope the sizable US bases have a plan, though it probably wouldn't involve much carpentry..or tea.

Last edited:
Okay, let's say that the instigation of these false reports comes from a large Western nation intent upon destroying NK.
Problem is that the only way in which NK could be destroyed would involve the deaths of many NK innocents as well as the utter destruction of much of SK with the loss of many innocent lives as NK rained artillery fire down upon them. NK would also then be impelled to launch its limited nuclear weapons stock atop its limited number of functional missiles at targets it could hit, like a large naval task force of a large Western nation.
There is no clean military solution for NK.
There is only the opening between the two divided peoples that we're now seeing.
NK is a serious problem but is not a nut that can be cracked with force of arms.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Something doesn't smell right. Not buying into any sort of conspiracy theory but it wouldn't surprise me if NK actually launched missiles (not necessarily nuclear armed) and we shot them down and the warnings were a just in case it didn't work move.

I like your thinking.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
They are prepping us for something. Not sure what...

Telling everyone to get OUT all the junk stored in their Cold War 60's era bomb shelters and get them stocked NOW with some current supplies!

That right there. Some very clever marketing, that's all.

I was at Home Depot, and they already have signs saying "No Returns on Nuclear War Supplies".

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
It was really...GODZIRRA!!!!

(or maybe Rodan if it was airborne)

Fixed.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Ducked

Hide under the tea table I suppose, which in Japan probably involves an elaborate ritual with graceful, formalised gestures and exquisite carpentry.

That made my morning. Japanese culture and craftsmanship is something I've always admired.

It's all about screwing with peoples' psyche, that's all it's ever been about. Every week it's doomsday, "terrorist rebels" (read:mercenaries) and "dictators" (read: leaders of non-private reserve banking nations) for the past century. It's all so terrible and degenerating.

Last edited:
Peter Polyol you are getting way over everyone's head with that kinda talk.
Hitler was bad, Saddam Hussein was bad and Kadafi was bad. The concidence that they all bucked the Federal Reserve to Gold backed money of their own was just that.
North Korea now is bad too.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Trav
Something doesn't smell right. Not buying into any sort of conspiracy theory but it wouldn't surprise me if NK actually launched missiles (not necessarily nuclear armed) and we shot them down and the warnings were a just in case it didn't work move.

I like your wishful thinking.

Fixed that for ya.

We have no need to fear too much from Little Rocket Man. His vaunted artillery is mostly WWI and WWII stuff, all old as the hills and likely to have a huge failure rate in their ammo.

His missiles can be taken out with our loitering cruise missiles which hang around for a while and can be redirected anytime. We used 50 in Syria with surgical precision, it could easily be 500 if we want. None of our carrier groups need fear any of his missiles as they have fantastically effective defensive missiles as well. Hoards of aircraft will descend on him like a flock of locusts! and

It would be a bit messy, but KJU knows he dies first if anything nuclear explodes anywhere...

I think we have nothing to fear from him because he is a vain drunk, party boy, and Playboy.

I don't see him giving all that up to potentially live in a poorly lit bunker, eating rations, or just dying straight out.

Big sabre rattler, but rattling that saber is what keeps his countrymen in line.

Geez, I was hoping KJU was trying to play nice in order to send teams to compete in the Olympics. As for Russia and China not being invited to Vancouver. The meeting was for US allies in the Korean "police action" R+C were the bad guys in that.

KJU holds SK hostage with that antique artillery. The opening barrage would be indefensible. Sure, the retaliation would be catastrophic for NK. KJU doesn't care about his people or he wouldn't carry on in such fashion. I would expect the old ammunition would suffice. When the Iowa class BBs were taken out mothballs, they were using 16" shells made in he early 40s.

Originally Posted By: yeti
I wish antique were still here. he would have about 5 posts in this thread, and would be salivating as he wrote them.

Dunno who he is, but my understanding was/is, that under the prevailing "resistance is useless" protocol, any extensive discussion of the underlying premise of this thread would result in it taking a one-way trip to Cuba.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: yeti
I wish antique were still here. he would have about 5 posts in this thread, and would be salivating as he wrote them.

Dunno who he is, but my understanding was/is, that under the prevailing "resistance is useless" protocol, any extensive discussion of the underlying premise of this thread would result in it taking a one-way trip to Cuba.

Ducked,

former user AntiqueShell (and couple other aliases)... and I think he did express he would have like it in Cuba...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back