Issues with Ariens 911019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it to start a lot easier today. Only took 7 pulls to get it to start. I think my air filters since they are foam had to much oil soaked into them and was causing issues. Took them out and it's a lot easier to start. I noticed it was bogging down slightly with them in so I got most of the oil out of them and put them back in and it runs fine now. But once hot and shut off it sometimes fires up on one pull and others it takes a lot of pulls to get it to start back up when warm. It was doing that to me today as well. I think the oil is over filled cause not all the old oil came out when I changed it. I put seafoam in the oil to and ran it for a few minutes. The oil isint as black now as it was. Tonight at work I'm gonna get a half gallon of diesel fuel and put a few ounces of that in the oil take the plug wire lose and turn it over a few times and let it sit for a couple days. Then I'll drain it all and put fresh Rotella t5 10w-30 in it and see what she does. Hopefully doing all this will flush all the [censored] out of the motor. I'll be happy when it runs great again and starts first pull every time. Heck I'd be happy with 2 pulls when cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back