Is MotorVac safe? Cheap Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got a misfire that keeps fouling a plug – probably a dirty fuel injector. The shop recommended a MotorVac treatment. Anybody know anything about them? I would like to try less expensive fuel/oil additive first. And can I find these products locally here in Toronto?

I recommend motorvac. It is safe and probably the best FI/topend/valve cleaner out there. Which machine is the shop going to use?

But, a can of BG44k, a can of Amsoil power foam, a new fuel filter, and some luck should fix the problem, and is cheaper too.

I didn't know that autorx can clean dirty fuel injectors.

We have seen some warranty claims casued by this procedure. I do not know if it was the tech or the equipment that failed. Some how 3 different dealers in the last 3 months have managed to hydrolock engines useing motor vach procedure. I like the 3M kit and the Kent More kits best. Motor Vac does work but it is not completely safe and without risk.

A local mechanic (the guy that does all my work now that I can't do it myself anymore) swears by Motor Vac technologies. He ran the fuel system cleaner on my truck at about 95,000 miles. I couldn't believe the difference I felt. The truck had more power and idled much smoother. He has used this system on multiple vehicles without any problems.

I would say go for it. It'll be much cheaper than new injectors, and this cleans the entire system. Have a new fuel filter put on while you're at it.

MotorVac is a high pressure solvent flush hooked up to your engine your car stays in neutral with engine running for 45 minutes to an hour. you get an oil change and drive off you also pay a big price. Do you want solvents floating around in your oil ( no way an oil change will capture all solvents pumped in ? ) if not go to
www.auto-rx.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back