IR vs. Snap-On Cordless Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never buy buy an IR air ratchet,junk!THE IR 109XP is a piece of junk.I only trust Snap On's 3/8" drive air ratchets which will take your hand off if not careful and more powerful.Plus they are rebuildable getting them back in a couple weeks just like new.Have a couple 1/4" IR air ratchets that stay in the toolbox,were good and gone wimpy losing power right away.IR makes the best impact wrenches.

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
I will never buy buy an IR air ratchet,junk!THE IR 109XP is a piece of junk.I only trust Snap On's 3/8" drive air ratchets which will take your hand off if not careful and more powerful.Plus they are rebuildable getting them back in a couple weeks just like new.Have a couple 1/4" IR air ratchets that stay in the toolbox,were good and gone wimpy losing power right away.IR makes the best impact wrenches.

All air ratchets are rebuildable.

I don't like Snap On's rebuild program because you have to send it to them and pay 120 bucks. I can get parts from IR and fix my own stuff. Which, so far, has just been the little rings on the end of the square drive.

My father's friend Rich has an IR109xp and has been a piece of junk since day and it stays in the toolbox.My father has one too at home and is not impressed with it at all.His bluepoint out performs it.I paid $87.50 for having my FAR72B rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back