Introduction to biking sub-forum

Dumonde Tech is the business. I say use what you like but I find waxing for the birds, and the performance isn’t as good, IMO. I say this as someone who can use whatever I want, for free, and who fixes bikes for a living every day. I’ll use whatever you want to pay for, and respect your choice regardless. Some people put ketchup on hot dogs. Who am I to say they’re wrong?
I wouldn't call using Squirt "waxing"...just like any applying any other lube. Rock n' Roll Gold also v. good.

No race pics handy but here's my 96 Stumpjumper in current state. Bought new, it's had many iterations.
View attachment 217452
Remember these Avid Arch Rival 50 brakes that were their answer to Shimano's linkage XT brakes?
View attachment 217453
2000 Litespeed Pisgah in near original XT build. Short tall stem and Avid BB5 mechanical brakes (Replaced the Magura Louise discs)
View attachment 217456
Love all the SILVER!! Still ride both.

Here is the Moon Rocks: 39°08'59.2"N 79°24'30.8"W It was a rock formation that the strata was tilted 90 deg or whatever and eroded so it was like riding across giant corduroy rock cloth sometimes riding with the ridges sometimes riding across.
Is litespeed still around? I can remember getting Mountain Bike Magazine back in the day but think they got bought out, aren't they Mt. Bike action now? So many companies have come and gone. Those avids were kind of expensive if I remember correctly.

IMG_5692.jpeg

I went a bit off the deep end with my cycling. For better or worse, there is no other bike that looks like this

Raced the 24 hours in Canmore for a lot of years. Was usually held in July. Camped in the infield. What you could count on:
-Strong wind in the evening would blow unprepared folk's tents around.
-Rain/snow sometime during the night.
-Bear on the trail, usually during the night.
-Corporate team members on Walmart bikes carnage'd around the trail
-great cheers from the people smoking pot at the main creek crossing if you made it through, day or night.
-Solo Santa riding in a full Santa outfit throughout the race.
etc

Absolute missile on flat and rolling terrain and at 17lbs it doesn’t climb bad either
Last week was able and invited to ride the new group set by Sram everyone is talking about the new Red group set has been in the works since 2019 everything upgraded and is awesome it was on a Sworks Aethos at 14.1lbs and near 14thousand price tag and just awesome. I ride a bike with the old Red group set and this new one is so much improved.
20240514_182350.jpg

Back