Interesting Comparison Pic of Spark Arrestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really buying it.

Afterall: there's no specifics RE: are they off of the same stihl chainsaw, and are they been A/B'ed with same mix ratio, fresh gas or old/stale 2T oil, etc.

Afterall:Michael Lukco is related to G-oil, so naturally, he would post something to promote G-oil products.

Most 2T oil I've tried nowadays, with proper mix ratio and fresh clean gasoline, burns very, very clean (of course, none of them I used so far are G-oil related, but otc types from Esso 2T to Castrol Actevo 2T semi-syn, and even Mobil 1 2T racing oil.

Q.

Yeah, definitely not scientific, and he does have a vested interest in G.E.T., but I still found it interesting. I bought and am trying out many of their products as I am intrigued with their bio-concepts.

And I have no vested interest in G.E.T. other than being a customer. I was disappointed in the VOAs I did on their 0W-20 (KV@100C measured way lower than MSDS), but am impressed with their 5W-20 formulas (I ran 2 VOAs on them and am about to use them). All VOAs were posted here at BITOG.

I also bought some of their 2-stroke oil, and mixed it 50:1. I'll report in with my observations once I've used it in for some time.

I've only used the exact proper gas/oil mix, always with Sta-Bil, always with Stihl's synthetic oil. Zero issues over 4 years. Starts on the 2nd pull every spring after sitting for 4 months.

I've used their 2 cycle oil for years. Its cheap and apparently exceeds JASO FD.

I usually run 40:1

the craftsman line trimmer says 40:1

the Hitachi leaf blower says 25:1 to 50:1

Old toro R-tek Snowblower says 50:1

Ryobi Chainsaw ran good And its consumer grade trash saw.
The snowblower seems to run better with it.

The other to OPE's have only had it.

Last edited:
I cut three plus cords a year with my Stihl using Stihl oil. Never had the spark arrestor fouled like the one pictured.

Plus, they never said if they were using Stihl's conventional or synthetic oil.

I think that whole FB thread is propaganda. Pointless and futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back