Injection Cleaner

i own a DI engine with problematic injectors which need to be replaced every 60- 80.000 km and they cost about 2000 euros.
if i use an injection cleaner ,like the one from liqui moly ,will it do any good? will i keep my injectors clean or will i just succeed only to delay the damage ?
do these cleaners for injectors have any disadvantage? do they do any harm to a significant part?

How do those injectors fail. And you can determine if a cleaner could help by checking the fuel trim with a scan tool. I have a generic $5 elm327 that lets me check that so just about anything should. If the trim is beyond a few percent it could help. But if it's less than 3% it's not enough to matter.

How do the injectors fail?
The seals inside the injectors deteriorate and they leak into the cylinders or these are piezo injectors they have an oil inside to cool the element, the oil viscosity changes over time causing them to stick and misfire. These are not cheap and cleaning them is sketchy it is better to replace them. Using a cleaner in the tank will not do anything except lighten the wallet.

I've owned fuel injected vehicles for over 38 years, haven't replaced an injector yet.......

The seals inside the injectors deteriorate and they leak into the cylinders or these are piezo injectors they have an oil inside to cool the element, the oil viscosity changes over time causing them to stick and misfire. These are not cheap and cleaning them is sketchy it is better to replace them. Using a cleaner in the tank will not do anything except lighten the wallet.
What make and model vehicle?

DI engines can have carbon build-up over time, which can be an expensive repair job (no Cavalier here).

BMW 2007 and up some models, MB some models.

its in my signature..
DI engines can have carbon build-up over time, which can be an expensive repair job (no Cavalier here).
true,but mine hasn't yet.i mean i haven't checked yet but don't have any usual CBU symptoms. using all these years only ll04 might help, as the experts here claim. or the design of my engine isn't that prone to CBU. but it suffers from DI injectors,its the part fault.
BMW 2007 and up some models, MB some models.

my friend told you everything you need to know about that sh@ty part. the funny thing is that it happens mostly on models bought through south europe ,mediteranean,where i bought it too.i dont know if germany ,austria and northern countries had a major problem. uk has the same problem too, from the north..there are hundreds topics with that sh@t. its a build in part thats is faulty .actually no one on earth from bmw gave us a formal responsible answer why is this happening and why is this happening mostly in southern countries and uk. and why they did not replaced with a good mecanism , a new design, that its not faulty. of course when that model was new at that time.now no one concerns.
thank god so far , i replaced for free bcs of good will service. but next time might not be so lucky.

Back