India order for Rafale seals the end of the Super Hornet line for Boeing

It sounds like there was talk that maybe they hold off on closing the production line if India might have placed an order. They're supposedly making another order later, but it may be too late if the line is shut down. I haven't heard of an announcement for an EA-18G replacement.

From what I understand the Rafael might be slightly more maneuverable but doesn't the F/A-18 super hornet have greater payload and weapons flexibility? The canards significantly increase rcs.

From what I understand the Rafael might be slightly more maneuverable but doesn't the F/A-18 super hornet have greater payload and weapons flexibility? The canards significantly increase rcs.

There's discussion that the French offered technology transfers, so it might have been about more than just the aircraft capabilities. Some reporting is that the French were OK with enabling stand-off nuclear capabilities while the US said no.

There’s been talk recently (and, really, for quite a while) that India is really not much of a friend to the US.

I do adore their food, though!

I was thinking of France.
Multi tasking poorly today.

On second thought......

Masala finger chips.

masala-chips-7.jpg

Bombay toast.

qaBVfey3owcExFhi.jpg:large

I guess there is the stereotype about the near kiss in Bollywood movies, although I understand that more recently they actually do real kissing scenes.

Back