In Search of Indy Mechanic in Nashville TN

Good evening - I am trying to assist a family member (younger single female) with finding a reputable indy mechanic in Nashville preferrable south of downtown near the junction of highway 41A and 155. Vehicle is a 2002 Toyota 4Runner. She has tried several places over the last year close to her house and based on the reciepts and inspection of the vehicle has likely been taken advantage of when repair work is completed. She needs to find a place for routine maintanence items as well as replacing the rear coil springs and shocks. Family member has the parts (OE springs and KYB shocks). I ran out of time working on other items when she came to visit earlier in the month. Hoping someone within the BITOG community can provide a suggestion or two.

Good evening - I am trying to assist a family member (younger single female) with finding a reputable indy mechanic in Nashville preferrable south of downtown near the junction of highway 41A and 155. Vehicle is a 2002 Toyota 4Runner. She has tried several places over the last year close to her house and based on the reciepts and inspection of the vehicle has likely been taken advantage of when repair work is completed. She needs to find a place for routine maintanence items as well as replacing the rear coil springs and shocks. Family member has the parts (OE springs and KYB shocks). I ran out of time working on other items when she came to visit earlier in the month. Hoping someone within the BITOG community can provide a suggestion or two.
Maybe @john_pifer can chime in with a recommendation? He lives somewhat near Nashville, TN.
I’d recommend Woodard Automotive at 1300 Dickerson Rd. In Goodlettsville (about a 25-min drive from the location you mentioned).

Edited to mention: I haven’t had any actual mechanic work done there.

Woodard was recommended to me by a friend when I lived in that area and was looking for a shop that could machine the rotors on my car. I took the rotors off the car and took them to the shop, where they machined them for me, and did a fine job. The guy at the front desk with whom I dealt was friendly.

That’s the extent of my personal interaction with Woodard.

I did have a co-worker who needed some work done on his Titan, including replacing rear axle seals and possibly driveshaft u-joints, if I remember right.

My co-worker said they did a good job with the work.

Best of luck to your family member.

Last edited:
Moody's in Franklin, although that may be a bit far. My sister is also younger and single and has received good service there with what seems like an affordable labor rate for the area.

Back