IL residents: need recommendation on CCW training

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my fellow Illinoisans: can anyone make personal recommendations on CCW training in the Chicagoland area? The state police website just spits out a huge list of approved trainers, but I'd like to find out who the good ones are. I haven't even decided if I want the permit, but I do want to get some training on how to handle a firearm...and if I can kill two birds with one stone, that's even better.

Thanks in advance.

I've been meaning to sign up for CCW class but i'm in no hurry. Many people are jam packing classes right now even tho the first CCW incense will probably be April-June.

IL state police do w/e they want.

Cabela's in Hoffman was doing all-in-one deal for $300 or so. Fingerprint included, which normally runs $45. Only weird thing is the range they use in over in WI. They couldn't get a deal with GATT guns.

Thanks, wasn't aware Cabela's offered that. Probably a smart move on their part, since they can of course subliminally push the stuff they sell.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Thanks, wasn't aware Cabela's offered that. Probably a smart move on their part, since they can of course subliminally push the stuff they sell.

I'm sure it's not subliminal or subtle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back