If the Flux Capacitor still works, I could be a buyer

Low-mileage DeLorean Barn find in WI. Lots of pics (and mouse droppings).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12626175/DeLorean-1981-Wisconsin-miles-future.html

C1BB5569-C8DA-49C3-9812-2DBCF16A2015.jpeg

Hope he leaves it stock and doesn't do those stupid BTTF mods.
The guy who found it/bought it is the head of the midwest collectors’ association. So presumably he’s going to be faithful.

"All told, it looks like this DeLorean is only a thorough bath and detailing away from becoming an awesome survivor,’ the website wrote."

Rest assured those words are the reporter's words and not a direct quote from the dudes buying this thing. I can practically smell the scent of these mice through my laptop. The interior of this poor time machine is going to have to be completely and thoroughly disassembled piece by piece right down to the nut and bolt. Then each piece is going to have to be washed, soaked, and rewashed to get the mouse smell out. If they even succeed. Been there done that. I'd bet a lot of this interior wont get cleaned, it will get replaced. Mice pooping, peeing, mating, dragging food in there.... And I can only imagine the amount of chewing that was probably going on.

My friend had a nice Jaguar that he parked in his garage, right next to the open 50 lb bags of bird seed he would store right next to it. The mice got everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. I was able to get six mouse corpses out of the dash vents just by using a claw tool, and by the time I took the dash apart I had pulled at least a dozen. That car smelled of mouse pee until the day he sold it several years later. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned... He was a millionaire at a young age and even he didnt have enough money to make me want to continue this never-ending effort.

The amount of vinegar, bleach, baking soda and ozone they are going to have to use deodorizing this poor thing will make them barf more than the smell of 30+ years of mice making a toilet of what was a nice car.

And now that you've got me ranting, what possesses someone's mind to think "Hey, I think I'll buy this nice sports car, drive it a few hundred miles, then park it in the dusty, dirt floored barn full of rodents and let it sit unused and untouched for a few decades, what could possibly go wrong". I wish I had that level of stupid and the money that apparently went along with it.

Its a cool find, and the right people are getting it, but this car is a full teardown.

Hope he leaves it stock and doesn't do those stupid BTTF mods.
I agree 100%. Like I said in the other Delorean thread yesterday, the car and its history is interesting enough all by itself without bastardizing it into a movie prop.

"Rest assured those words are the reporter's words and not a direct quote from the dudes buying this thing. I can practically smell the scent of these mice through my laptop. The interior of this poor time machine is going to have to be completely and thoroughly disassembled piece by piece right down to the nut and bolt. Then each piece is going to have to be washed, soaked, and rewashed to get the mouse smell out. If they even succeed. Been there done that. I'd bet a lot of this interior wont get cleaned, it will get replaced. Mice pooping, peeing, mating, dragging food in there.... And I can only imagine the amount of chewing that was probably going on.

My friend had a nice Jaguar that he parked in his garage, right next to the open 50 lb bags of bird seed he would store right next to it. The mice got everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. I was able to get six mouse corpses out of the dash vents just by using a claw tool, and by the time I took the dash apart I had pulled at least a dozen. That car smelled of mouse pee until the day he sold it several years later. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned... He was a millionaire at a young age and even he didnt have enough money to make me want to continue this never-ending effort.

The amount of vinegar, bleach, baking soda and ozone they are going to have to use deodorizing this poor thing will make them barf more than the smell of 30+ years of mice making a toilet of what was a nice car.
To add to the fun, animal droppings and urine are corrosive to metal. The DeLorean had a stainless-steel body, sure, but the underlying chassis is not. Those mice could have caused big problems underneath. Let's not forget mice chewing up wiring too.

Back