ID this shipwrecked motor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boat broke loose in Hurricane Gloria (1986), was buried under sand, is now coming back!

sw1.jpg

Fiberglass over plywood; if the sand erodes a few more inches the name on the stern might become visible, to the embarrassment of the guys who abandoned it:

sw2.jpg

I pulled a spark plug boot off, it just twisted! The wires themselves were long gone.

sw3.jpg

This whatsis was just flopping around on the end of the hose. If I had a screwdriver I could have grabbed the hose clamp. Would never need to buy another!

sw4.jpg

Nice shot of the 4 barrel manifold. Love the various brass and stainless fittings that are doing well:

sw5.jpg

That rough looking square exhaust manifold is SOLID. The thin valve covers probably didn't make two winters.

sw6.jpg

Originally Posted By: flanso
SB Ford.
351W to be exact. The lower thermostat bolt is above the water pump. A 260/289/302 has a
bolt behind the waterpump. 351w has a taller deck so the lower stat bolt is easy to get too.

I was going to say, it wasn't a GM motor and don't think those are Mercruiser exhaust manifolds either. Maybe Volvo-Penta's, which were really popular in the 70's and 80's.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
I was going to say, it wasn't a GM motor and don't think those are Mercruiser exhaust manifolds either. Maybe Volvo-Penta's, which were really popular in the 70's and 80's.

It's a good thing boats aren't my thing, innit?
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back