I hate ice

Door still opens and closes fine...just doesnt seal up top.

I am in Westminster
It’s amazing how weather patterns vary in MD when you get out of the I-95 corridor. Especially when you go west out the little sliver past the “Eastern Continental Divide”

Sorry to see that about your car. I liked that era Yaris. Even if not fast, it’s a willing and peppy runabout. Hopefully you can find a junkyard door and a way to pop out the rocker. Hopefully the control arm isn’t bad. Glad you’re ok!

It’s amazing how weather patterns vary in MD when you get out of the I-95 corridor. Especially when you go west out the little sliver past the “Eastern Continental Divide”

Sorry to see that about your car. I liked that era Yaris. Even if not fast, it’s a willing and peppy runabout. Hopefully you can find a junkyard door and a way to pop out the rocker. Hopefully the control arm isn’t bad. Glad you’re ok!
It really is amazing and usually spot on with how the weather lines up with 95

I wouldn't even bother with repairing that rocker panel, just sand it down and use a can of white color match spray paint, I doubt it'll be that noticeable. Then put on a white junkyard door.
Yep! Take a sledge to it, straighten it out somewhat, rust prep, and then some body filler to make it look ok from 5 feet away.

Sectioning in a rocker panel to make it look perfect is too much effort and expense in my book for a 200k mile Yaris DD and race car.

In 1977 I spun out a semi truck on the Ohio I 80 out side of Cleveland It was black ice and a gust of wind blew the truck off the road which lead to the truck spinning in circles into the media then off to the right side of the road 4 revolutions it was amazing. Got towed out and went to the next rest area too a nap woke up and did a pre trip and drive to Central Islip NY and delivered the load. I hate ice even more!

Did you mean to say went to a rest area to change your underwear?

Here is the same spot without all the snow

20240201_091016.jpg

Back