I couldn't resist, GC in the snowblower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we bought a snowblower this last winter. It's an 11.5HP tecumseh engine on an Ariens blower. It's awesome..

What's interesting, is that the manual specifically mentions 0W30 synthetic as one of the recommended oil weights. I couldn't resist. Our snowblower is now GC happy!

Anyone else using GC in lawn equipment, lol? For a snowblower, a 0W rated oil makes since to me, since it will be starting on the coldest days of the year. Overkill? maybe.

I'd never use oil that expensive in a small engine. Oh, who am I kidding; yes I would.
cool.gif

I've got GC in my 1986 Toro 824 two-stage. I definitely wanted a 0W-something synthetic and around here GC is as cheap as anything, and what I now run in my road vehicles.

My other yard equipment will be moving from M1 10W30 (once some leftover M1 0W40) to Amsoil small engine SAE30.

Last summer, fuel leaked into the crankcase of my Poulin Riding Mower. Hydrolocked the engine, but got lucky and did not break anything. Drained out all the oil/gas mix. Cleaned out the plugs, cranked engine over until fuel no longer spit out the plug holes. Reinstalled the plugs. Did not have any oil except 0W-30 GC in my shed, so I filled crankcase with that. Started engine. Smoked like crazy at first, burning off all that oil/gas mix in the cylinders. Smoking stopped and mowed the lawn.

I still have that fill of 0W-30 GC in the engine. Has not used a drop since that day. BTW, I purchased a new fuel shutoff valve to prevent the hydrolock again.

GC is in my Toro lawnmower, Craftsman snowblower and pressure washer, and Coleman generator. I also use FP60 in the fuel and all start and run great.

I put it in my 6.5hp Honda powered pressure washer. It gets used hard in the Las Vegas summer, and it still starts and runs like new.

Actually, don't laugh, you guys. Because of the high temperatures in small air cooled gas engines, GC is one of the very best oils you can use. It is definitely not wasted. I have all Honda engines in my powered equipment and GC has never let me down.

I will be using it in my new 11 HP Tecumseh engine that I got for my snowblower this past winter. It will be broke in on SAE30 and then in with the Green. I use it in both my lawnmower and pressure washer to good effect. Love the Green.

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back