Hyundai Smart Key "Not Detected"

Recently my Genies Coupe Smart Key quit working. Good battery at 3.3v. But would do nothing and I had to use the fob holder to start the car. It seems to be a fairly common issue as the cars get older and the parts swapping then starts wit antennas and receivers.

Turns out mine and others was just corroded fuses that showed good but apparently had enough resistance to kill the smart key system. I too the fuses out and cleaned them and sprayed some cleaner in the slots. The put the fuses i and out a couple times.

Works like new.

The fix was from another Hyundai site.

Hyundai fuse boxes are generally on the drivers side of the dash.

I think it is the ESCL fuse they call it. There are a pair in a dedicated holder that are pulled out when the cars are put on ships or otherwise to be stored for a couple months. So probably just taking it out and pushing back in will temporarily fix the issue.

On my '08 Accent after many years the radio started freezing up. What ever it was on it was stuck at and no volume or other controls worked, even after shutting off the car and restarting, or disconnecting the battery did not work either. But pulling that fuse holder did. I cleaned those fuses up too but it was a couple times a year happening so hopefully it doesn't come back.

Last edited:
Back