HVAC Gasketing Material Recommendation

Dash is apart on the '03 Suburban to do some actuator replacements.
I am debating on redoing the gasket seals while it is apart. Anyone have recommendation to recondition these seals?
Also, all the foam tape that wraps the wires is deteriorated. I imagine these are for preventing vibration?
Any recommendation for re-wrapping these?
Distribution Box Seals
Blend Door Gaskets.jpg

I'm thinking you might find something in the section of Home Depot that contains the self-adhesive door weatherstripping. There are a variety of sizes and styles in open and closed cell foam, silicone, and other rubber types. I'll bet one of those products would work.

They don't look too bad to me, I'd wonder if trying to re-do them with other than the factory seal piece, would result in just as much leakage or extra strain keeping it clamped together. There may be some kind of *spray goop* you could put on, but i wouldn't try to remove them to apply it as that may cause it to further disintegrate.

Don't get me wrong, I imagine that with a great bit of effort, you could take adhesive lined foam strips from a hardware store and carve them up to be Just Right, but I wonder if the gain is worth the bother since you don't have big chunks missing.

How much clearance around the wires? You could use the same adhesive lined foam from the hardware store, all it needs to do is fill the void to prevent vibration, right?

Back