Hurst Injector Cleaning service

Hi All,

My mom's 2001 Toyota Rav4 w/ 238k miles recently had misfires in cylinder 3 and 4. Turns out it was bad fuel injectors so I took them out of the car and replaced them with some yellow Denso rebuilt injectors I bought. When pulling them out, I realized injectors 1 and 2 were green, and are not specc'ed for my mom's 2001 Toyota Rav4. I took my old yellow fuel injectors and sent them to @Trav for some cleaning. Just received them today and they look brand spanking new! Thanks @Trav, just wanted to give you a shout out! Happy holidays and many blessings everyone, please stay safe!

Best,

Doug

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 52
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Green injectors.jpeg
    Green injectors.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 70
  • New Injectors.jpeg
    New Injectors.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Hurst Injector Service.jpg
    Hurst Injector Service.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 98
I have to say I also sent injectors there to have cleaned and am very pleased with the results. My car drives much better, fuel economy went up about 4 MPG. So I guess mine weren't as good as they seemed.

It didn't need them I thought, it drove fine and had no issues. Didn't expect it to make that much of a difference. Have a few other cars that need this done, just haven't gotten around to it yet haha. But, it will happen most likely in the spring when the weather warms up and they will be headed to Hurst injector services for sure. It is really great to know of a place you can depend on to do good work. That is so hard to find these days.

Not affiliated in case this sounds like a commercial haha. Just a really pleased customer after having many different horrible experiences elsewhere.

I have to say I also sent injectors there to have cleaned and am very pleased with the results. My car drives much better, fuel economy went up about 4 MPG. So I guess mine weren't as good as they seemed.

It didn't need them I thought, it drove fine and had no issues. Didn't expect it to make that much of a difference. Have a few other cars that need this done, just haven't gotten around to it yet haha. But, it will happen most likely in the spring when the weather warms up and they will be headed to Hurst injector services for sure. It is really great to know of a place you can depend on to do good work. That is so hard to find these days.

Not affiliated in case this sounds like a commercial haha. Just a really pleased customer after having many different horrible experiences elsewhere.

I cannot agree more.. I think my mom's previous mechanic put in the green Denso fuel injectors that's not specc'ed for the vehicle.

Does anyone know what could happen in a vehicle if its been running on mismatched fuel injectors for years on end? The green Denso has a flow rate of 376cc/min while the original yellow Denso has a flow rate of 288cc/min. I'm not mechanically inclined, but it seems that would be a recipe for trouble? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I cannot agree more.. I think my mom's previous mechanic put in the green Denso fuel injectors that's not specc'ed for the vehicle.

Does anyone know what could happen in a vehicle if its been running on mismatched fuel injectors for years on end? The green Denso has a flow rate of 376cc/min while the original yellow Denso has a flow rate of 288cc/min. I'm not mechanically inclined, but it seems that would be a recipe for trouble? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
not sure if it would be somewhat self correcting as long as they arent massively oversize..

Trav did my 96' Jeep's injectors, fantastic work!

If only they were as easy to remove as my old Jeep's, I'd have him do my Camry and Grand Cherokee.

@Trav has done several sets of injectors for me. Big improvement in idling, smoothness and economy at less than half the cost of new injectors. First set he did was on my wife’s Volvo XC, they’re still working great years later. He does great work.

I sent the injectors from both 240s to @Trav. There was a noticeable improvement in idling, acceleration, and mileage in both cars. Highly recommend.

I had 2 sets of low mileage injectors previously cleaned and prepared for storage to use in my Tacoma V6. I’m getting ready to swap in my last set at 128K and will again have my 2 spare sets cleaned and prepared. Hurst does A+ work and I recommend them highly.

Back