How long on Castrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long can I go between changes on a 05 Civic with Castrol GTX , Syn blend and full synthetic ?

You're probably still under warranty, so I would only go as long as your owner's manual allows, regardless of what oil you put in there.

Quote:

I have an OLM equipped vehicle and recently went 7,870 miles on Castrol Syntec. OLM was at 16% when I changed it.

That could have been SuperTech in your sump and the OLM would have still read 16%.

Not very far because you only have 4 quarts in that little engine.

4 quarts is only 1 gallon.
grin.gif

Nobody can answer your question son....you must get a UOA and that will tell you how long of an OCI you can run....but if you want a rule of thumb answer....under normal driving conditions....most of todays SM rated conventionals should take you to 5K OCI's....

Yep - listen to the veteran members mate. I'd do 5k without a UOA long as you aren't redlining the engine all the way to work everyday. You REALLY want to know how your engine is doing with the oil? Get a UOA (used oil analysis).

There is a guy that has a 2005 Civic VP that did 10K on Havoline dino with great UOA results (do a search).

I'm sure Castrol GTX could last 10K miles if you did mostly highway miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back