How does this unplug?

This is on my Blazer. It had a grey insert between the black plug and the wires that I removed too. No dice.

777EB1F8-B059-413A-A526-4EE82869338D.png

i would like to believe there is a squeeze tab on the underside of the connector.. though they dont look like mating connectors the white nylon looks more like a molex. is it possible whatever that black connector goes to is not an original harness to the vehicle or vice versa?

If not on the underside, it looks like the sides of the black may squeeze in. If there was in insert between the white and black, it probably locked the latches further in. Squeezing the sides close to the end may spread the latches, I’ve encountered ones like that.

That tab on the left side is different than all the other sides. Does it perhaps slide in and out?

The Grey insert probably locks the wires in...

Can you get a mirror under it, almost guaranteed there is a tab some where, some of then have a kind of loop moulded in that slips over a tab on the part...

Does it rock back and forth at all?

If it has a tab lock it should rock a little bit.

If you got the locking device but it doesn't rock at all, it could be corroded in. Some slip joint pliers might help you.

what is is plugged into. might be helpful to know.

No idea what it’s plugged into honestly. It’s under the steering column. I’m working on replacing the ignition switch, hopefully I can work around it.

Back