Hottest Server/Computer room temp you've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
New personal record set just today, 107.9°F, recorded by a calibrated thermometer.

It was a fun afternoon. No doubt.

Thank G-OD nothing broke (yet).

There has been 98 degree temperatures in a server room less than 10x10 in size and apparently the A/C had been turned off by the janitor crew when they thought that 65 degrees was too cold for them and that nobody ever used the room. Needless to say they lost their key to that room. ...This was early in the morning before the sun came out, I am sure it had been hotter during the few days before. No failures but the variable-speed fans in the machines were running full speed.

I've seen over 100 F after an AC failure. In my current server room, it hit mid 90's after only one of the two cooling units shut down. That was before we installed two additional 4 CPU and one 8 CPU servers. I certainly hope that doesn't happen again now.

Many of the multitude of computers, servers, etc, used for the various weapons and sensor systems were located in the superstructure. The aluminum superstructure got so hot it burned. Friend from sonar school was aboard. He survived. I was aboard the same class of ship but in the Pacific fleet vice Atlantic fleet.

I didn't see the event but the aftereffects are here for all to see.

USS_Belknap_collision_damage.jpg

I have computers that are out in my workplace hear in Yuma desert that see 100 plus for months at a time. They get dirty and are used 6 days a week only thing I have had to do with these is clean them a couple of times a year. These machines run windows 2000 and are Pentium 3 chips. Have not gone to Pentium 4 chip computers out there due to the heat they make. Going to get the newer chips that run cooler with the vista software has been out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back