Honda Oil Filter - 15400-RTA-003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, went to my local part SHOP to buy the oil filter. Label on the box and filter printed Made In JAPAN but to my surprise Mahle Tennex Corpn name is also printed on the oil filter. I thought Toyo Roki is the only manufacturer for HONDA in japan.
Anyone care to comments.

No - Tennex also makes filters for Honda. They're supposed to be pretty good, too, from what I understand. My '06 Civic Hybrid came with one (it's JDM-built - with many US-sourced parts - go figure). I still have it, too (couldn't part with it,because of it's 'uniqueness' in this market). Maybe I can order the part from American Honda - but probably not.

However, mine from the Civic isn't the same as yours - mine is the equivalent size of the now-universal one that you get at the USDM parts counters (made by Honeywell / Fram(?) ). It has both Japanese & English instructions on it.

My S2000 filters (15400-PCX-004) are by Filtech, made in USA. They also have English / Japanese instructions on them. I think these may have been Toyo Roki in the past, not sure. Filtech also used to supply the 'universal' filters for the US market, but they're a rare find now - almost 100% of the US/Canada production / availability is by Honeywell now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back