Homemade clp

I was wondering if rislone nano-prime and mmo mixed would make a good clp. Nano prime has tungsten and moly and oil. Mmo would be the solvent and light oil. Im just thinking out loud. Im gonna experiment and try it.
If anyone knows if this is a bad idea let me know.
Thanks

Ok. Thanks for the information.
I appreciate it. Is there anything in motor oil or atf that would add a corrosion inhibitor to the mix?
Thanks.

There will definitely be corrosion inhibitors in motor oil as in most oils but they are not the best type for the application. Additionally the treat rates used in motor oils are very significantly less than in a properly formulated firearms oil/CLP.

I can recommend HPL’s very own CLP. Tried it last night after putting a few hundred rounds through my H&K .40. It cleaned the bore well.

For the modest cost of a CLP, or gun oil, I would go with a professionally formulated product.

You don’t use gallons of the stuff on an annual basis, just a few ounces, even if you’re a frequent shooter. I shoot at least monthly, often more. I spend thousands every year in ammo alone.

So, in that context, what’s $5 extra on specifically formulated products? It’s nothing.

That said, I really don’t like the “snake oil” like Frog Lube or Fire Clean. Heavily marketed crap needs to be heavily marketed because it is crap.

Three of my neighbors are SEALs. One was awarded the Navy Cross.

None of them like Frog Lube.

Back on topic: just buy and use a good product. Yeah, they cost a couple bucks more than leftover motor oil, but they work better and that cost is truly insignificant in the context of what I spend on guns and ammo.

I made some ‘gun oil’ a while back, more a general lube, than a ‘bore solvent’.

The bulk was Royal Purple 0-10w motor oil, then ATF fluid, after that I used up a touch of MMO(Mystery) oil I had, that was about it.

I tried my mix. It didnt clean as well as i hoped for. But. I shoot alot of 45 colt lead cowboy ammo. It always leaves my pistol very leaded and I have to scrub the bore with tornado brush. My mix did prevent the bore from being lead fouled. Easy clean up. Maybe the ws2 prevented that.

*Here are good ones to consider below :

Break Free CLP
M-Pro 7 CLP
SLIP 2000 EWL
FP-10 CLP
Weapons Shield
Rand CLP
Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil
Gunzilla CLP
Militec-1 Gun Oil
Ballistol
Hoppes #9 Gun Oil
Ezzox
Birchwood Casey Synthetic Gun Oil
G96
Pro Select Zero Friction
Super Lube Synthetic Oil

Ed's Red works well:
1 part Dexron II, IIe or III Automatic Transmission Fluid
1 part K1 Kerosene
1 part Aliphatic Mineral Spirits or Stodard Solvent/Varsol
1 part Acetone
1 pound of anhydrous lanolin

Formulating CLP just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Especially after you're done chasing down and purchasing all of the ingredients. And then making a big mess trying to formulate and blend it all. Like some meth head in a single wide in Riverside.

Considering the fact an AR-15 only needs several drops of the stuff, this will last an average shooter a lifetime. And a competitive shooter several years.

https://www.amazon.com/BreakFree-Cleaner-Lubricant-Preservative-3-78-Liter/dp/B0046E705O

I can recommend HPL’s very own CLP. Tried it last night after putting a few hundred rounds through my H&K .40. It cleaned the bore well.

For the modest cost of a CLP, or gun oil, I would go with a professionally formulated product.

You don’t use gallons of the stuff on an annual basis, just a few ounces, even if you’re a frequent shooter. I shoot at least monthly, often more. I spend thousands every year in ammo alone.

So, in that context, what’s $5 extra on specifically formulated products? It’s nothing.

That said, I really don’t like the “snake oil” like Frog Lube or Fire Clean. Heavily marketed crap needs to be heavily marketed because it is crap.

Three of my neighbors are SEALs. One was awarded the Navy Cross.

None of them like Frog Lube.

Back on topic: just buy and use a good product. Yeah, they cost a couple bucks more than leftover motor oil, but they work better and that cost is truly insignificant in the context of what I spend on guns and ammo.
I looked on HPL's site and only saw gun oil. It is possible im over looking it.

Back