Hellwig Rear Sway Bar

Just installed a Hellwig rear sway bar on our 2007 2500 Suburban. It has made quite a difference in control. Recently went up a windy and winding mountain road for a snow day and the vehicle felt like it was on rails. It also clears an aftermarket rear differential cover well. Really wish it was a 10.5 rear like the newer models. But so far adding a rear sway bar has been solid for us.

1705335872723.png

1705335859356.png

Also put on some Timbren SES rear bump stops. Ride is stiffer, but adds a lot more control. Old ones were disintegrating.
1705336098405.png
1705336112706.png

1705336142797.png

1705336070173.png

1705335980058.png

I've added Helwig rear sway bars to 2 E-150's and a GMC Safari. Made a noticeable difference in all three. Also did the Timbrens (rear) on GMC Safari and a Dodge Durango. Worked well on both those.

So the new Timbrens are taller. They contact earlier, obviously.
Are they so much taller that they ride in contact with the axle?
Glad it improved things for you.
From what I've read there should be some space, less than an inch, between the stops and the axle. I think there is some sag in the leaves on the Suburban. We bought it used a few years ago.

I have hellwigs on the 2018 F150, in their lowest settings. Yes, very happy with them here as well. They do talk every once in a while but it’s not loud. I was surprised by the amount of steering feedback that was introduced, and the addition of “on center feel” that wasn’t there before. It would have been nice if there was a way to tuck them up a little bit more out of the way but it’s not been a problem. I would add them again no questions asked.

Yes they do make such a noticeable difference, it's somewhat suprising they aren't standard equipment - especially on vans - with a tendency to have body roll.

Used a couple - better on the road - rougher off-road …
Love the front ASB disconnect on my Rubicon …

I put rear bars on my 2017 GMC Canyon and it really tightened it up. The front tucks in on turns now instead of plowing and the truck feels like it rotates through the turns when you push it. It did sacrifice some ride quality but I have gotten used to it.

Back