Griot's Garage Spray-On Car Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you should ask, I just tried some on my wife's Honda and was pleased with the result (nice shine, and very smooth)...waiting to see how long it lasts.

Just keep in mind that this is not a true wax/sealant but more of product to extend the life of your wax/sealant. Typically, I use a spray wax type of product after every other car wash just to keep the car looking good and the help strech out the intervals between full wax/details sessions.

It is just a waterless car wash like the many others available. It is a cleaner that leaves some shine behind, nothing special. Although I have many I have not used this particular one but I've no doubt it is a decent product. As far as how long does 35oz last would have to do with how dirty the car is and the size of it. A dusty Smart For Two would take far less than a soiled Suburban. It is far better to use too much than too little. Using Opti Clean concentrate I used almost a full quart on a really dirty '08 RAV4. If you're just wiping off dust then it would last through multiple uses.

I am sorry I just noticed that your note was for the spray wash....I tried there spray wax after doing a regular car wash with water, etc.

Originally Posted By: loyd
One word, Zaino!

What????? He is asking about a waterless wash. Zaino doesn't even make one and has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter whatsoever.

It seems like using a product like this would be just begging to put micro scratches in your paint. You guys actually use this to wipe dirt off your car????

I do it (ONR) and I didn't notice any increase in scratches and it did a great job. You don't do it with a HEAVILY soiled car with loose dirt; only when it's lightly dirty with light road grime, bugs, etc.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
It seems like using a product like this would be just begging to put micro scratches in your paint. You guys actually use this to wipe dirt off your car????

Been doing so since 2004, no worries.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

My thought, too! I go into convulsions at the thought of rubbing dirt across my finish without sufficient lubrication in the form of lots of water and suds to take it away.

ONR and the Gary Dean product are different from the thread subject. The Griot's spray on car wash is called a waterless wash and the others are called rinseless washes.

I still prefer a waterless wash. Wet Paint, which I have spoken of here before, is still my all time favorite. There are many good ones and some that are just so-so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back