Green Filter arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take care of a fleet of off road trucks. I switched a number of them to the K&N, and I actually found tracks where air was passing the filter seal on several vehicles. This was in the grease that was sent with them.
Also, there were heavy dirt deposits in the plenum and throat area of the 6.2 diesels.
That finding, and the hassle of the cleaning and oiling sent me back to NAPA Gold.
I saw absolutely no change in power or performance, and even went so far as to leave the K&N decals on the filter housing after switching to NAPA. Some of the drivers "Marveled" at the "increased power", thinking they were on K&N filters.
I said "It must be the dirt doing the work".
I haven't heard anyone mention that claim in other posts.
I just stick a new NAPA out of the box in about every other oil change, and feel good.
Fix
rolleyes.gif

I've been using a green filter for almost 30K now. I've been very happy with it. I think the quality of the materials is better than K&N's. For my application I like the way the pleats run too it makes for a stronger panel filter similar to the OEM paper. I've cleaned it now 4X and it is holding up very well. My K&N didn't fair as well after a few cleanings on another Subaru. The pleats started to distort. I have comparo photo's and close ups here on my web site:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2271

(I think you have to register to see the pics but it's free)

I did just post the results of my 30K oil analysis here:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002311

I purchased a cone style Green Filter for my 96 Blazer. I have a straight intake with no box. I just received my first UOA and the report showed no excess dirt. It actually was low compared to most other Blazers and vehicles and this has been since June. The filter is dirty and due for a cleaning but has performed extremely well.

I just ordered a Vararam cold air kit for my Corvette and it comes with a Green filter. So hopefully I'll get low silicon numbers still, just like I've been getting with my current air intake setup (which is a K&N air filter in a modified Corvette Z06 airbox)

Almost all the new OEM Acura filters are bluish green. Used to be just the performance cars (Type S) but now they appear in almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back