Grease gun that doesn't suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by stoan
The Macnaught K29 or K32 are some of the best, there are Wanner from Switzerland also but are quite expensive. The old US brands are now made in India and China and not very good but they are cheap. If you really need a high quality gun then the Macnaught K32 is the way to go without breaking the bank for a wanner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K32-FLEXIGUN-400g-Grease-Gun-K32-01/223191057742?epid=9024928718&hash=item33f739454e:g:QjwAAOSwPfBbxQPt

Flea market or ebay for an old USA made Lincoln or Alemite is probably the cheapest and best option to save $$

The head on Macnaught pistol grip looks identical to Lincoln or OTC, I'd bet they all come from the same place in India, I know the Lincoln and OTC does. Hose is German, rest is India.

Its made in Australia. Looks the same does not mean it is.

I'm sure it is made in Australia, and most likely has better internals, but that doesn't mean a head cast in India isn't used as one of the parts to make it. They all sure look like they come from the same mold, right down to the curvature of the handle. Either that or someone made an almost exact copy of someone else's product, and since they are both legitimate well established companies, you would think someone would be sued.

That's like some expensive made in USA tools are made from Chinese steel. Sometimes it's just a matter of how much work has to be done to it here to stamp made in USA on it.

I spoke with them when I bought one some years ago, 100% made in Australia inc the head, but who know that may have changed (I doubt it) . AFAIK no quality USA tool maker is using imported Chicom steel. Nucor and Thyssen Krupp USA are two of the biggest tool steel makers in the USA.
Exact copies of anything are nothing new unless its patented. You can find Wanner look alikes but Wanner is not buying the head or anything else from them, they make every part.

Here is another copy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KWNBHHB/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07KWNBHHB

Last edited:
I spoke with them when I bought one some years ago, 100% made in Australia inc the head, but who know that may have changed (I doubt it) . AFAIK no quality USA tool maker is using imported Chicom steel. Nucor and Thyssen Krupp USA are two of the biggest tool steel makers in the USA.
Exact copies of anything are nothing new unless its patented. You can find Wanner look alikes but Wanner is not buying the head or anything else from them, they make every part.

Here is another copy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KWNBHHB/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07KWNBHHB

I'll take your word for it. Just thought it was odd that they look almost identical. I know there are lots of products where multiple brands are made in the same factory.

I have both: the K32 and Lincoln, and they are both good. You definitely see that the heads are different when you look at them in person. You can buy it from Empire Lube directly, with a coupon and a free shipping.

Owned several they seem to all leak and you have to play with them to get them to pump then they stop. Thinking its a grease gun conspiracy so you have to purchase more grease and rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back