Gas station pump questions

419911380_802834475207371_577594887599939859_n.jpg

Around here Hucks membership saves you 10 cents a gallon just for signing up.(up to 20 gallons)

It has been so successful, Caseys General Store is starting the same program.

I'll take those questions over gas station tv. That garbage makes my already slow filling work truck seam like an eternity.
I walk away from the pump rather than listen. Thankfully the place I usually go doesn’t have that.

Pay at the pump for the win!

Sometimes you pay inside with cash for a lower price....for the win.
Some folk would rather not walk to the building and others need an electronic trail.
Usually, the credit card rebate is higher than the cash discount. Plus, I don't have to wait in line, go back for change or deal with a cashier who does not know how to count change.

I don't have to wait in line, go back for change or deal with a cashier who does not know how to count change.
Alas, this is all true.....especially the last one.

Since I know my vehicles, I can go in and throw a "$20 on pump #4" in most stations and run out.
The attendants (convenience store workers) are trained to jump to service the fuel customers.

My circumstances with this are limited as there's only one station in my travels where I might go for a 10 cent per gallon discount.
It's at an extreme location where fuel is expensive. However I can easily plan ahead and skip the remote location completely.

The exasperation comes from a pal wants me to link my credit card to the gas station so I can save maybe $2 a year. He can't fathom my desire to limit my personal data exposure and repeatedly scolds me for "passing it up". Gotta laugh sometimes.

Usually, the credit card rebate is higher than the cash discount. Plus, I don't have to wait in line, go back for change or deal with a cashier who does not know how to count change.

Around here, you usually end up going in anyway if you want a receipt.
Putting paper in the printer is not a huge priority.
Besides, they want you in the store anyway to make impulse purchases.

Back