From V rated to S rated - Is there a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"130? Yikes, I didn't know that it could go that fast! Anyway, why did you switch to the Bridgestones? Did the Michelins not work for you? You're referring to the MVX4 S8, right?"

My LX model Accord came with the same Michelin's. They are a OK tire. They just are a bit greasy and slippery in the wet. The Bridgestones have more cornering and especially more braking traction. In the wet I can stop so much better, without ABS cutting in. I upgraded my 15" steelies for some 17" Acura TSX wheels. It is almost like I upgraded the brakes to Brembo's or something. I'll bet a lot of Accord owners would rate their brakes higher, if they had tires with more traction.

On a car we thank goodness no longer have we went to price tires at a certain mall "anchor" store, and the cashier literally SCREAMED at us "That Car Takes A Z Rated Tire, and We WON"T Put Anything Else On There. $400 for EACH, There!!!!!" (sorry for the capitals, but just remembering how we were treated got me boiling again.) We were only driving around town, and the car was a '93 with 140,000 on the clock that burned more oil than gasoline. So Wmart was fine enough and we didn't have any tire problems after that. Needless to say, I refuse to go back in the place, though part of me wants to for seeing what the reaction would be by the cashier after getting the same treatment that I informed her we just traded the car, and wanted to let the new owner what tires had cost for it.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back