FRAM TG3600 Cut Open + PZHM Cleaning Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HX520W
Originally Posted By: badtlc
I can't find any small signs of difference in your before and after pics. Can you point to what you thought you saw?

2010_FX4 pointed out the main part that I was talking about. And while it doesn't look a huge amount better, I'm sure that the rest of the varnish is thinner and I'll be able to see more bare metal in the next few oil changes. I was always told that removing varnish was incredibly slow or impossible with oil alone so I was surprised to see a difference in such a short time.

Looks more like a difference in light angle to me. I don't see any difference in what could definitively be considered deposits or varnish.

Turns out that not only Purolator has wavy pleats eh? Good looking filter (you know, besides the cardboard end caps...)
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Also, have you tried doing a piston soak with Berryman to see if it will help the oil consumption? If memory serves, these engines have sticky oil control rings that lends itself to higher then normal oil consumption.

That's exactly why these engines burn oil. I haven't tried a piston soak yet because I've read of people getting mixed results on saturnfans. Right now I'm trying Rotella T5 as I've read of many people reducing oil consumption in the S series with diesel oil. The spark plugs are due for a change in about 6k mi so I may try a piston soak then.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
And by some small miracle the cardboard end caps survived
smirk.gif

Seriously, it looks like it did the job.

It did a very good job....

I wonder whats the difference in the filter material in the extra gaurd and the tough gaurd that makes it so much more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back