Fram HM 3506 03 Chevy 1/2 ton

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Fram HM was on my buddies 1/2 ton 03 Chevy pickup with 278k miles for 4100 miles. It was run with Castrol synblend. OLM was at 16 percent. Interestingly the hm goo these have seems to have never activated. I don't know it that's good or bad. Maybe Motorking can comment.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Is the additive still in the cage? I can't tell from the pictures. They say it takes time to completely dissolve
Yea it was all in there yet. I am not sure any of it really came out. I'd like to know what it really is, it's reddish brown I know that much.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
This Fram HM was on my buddies 1/2 ton 03 Chevy pickup with 278k miles for 4100 miles. It was run with Castrol synblend. OLM was at 16 percent. Interestingly the hm goo these have seems to have never activated. I don't know it that's good or bad. Maybe Motorking can comment.

Doesnt look like much of a filter.. However its very dirty... Perhaps it cleaned the oil and got the dirt out that it needed to do...

as far as that TRT or that basket with the gel stuff.. i thought it was found out to be Monkey SNOT

That looks terrible to me. I will never use that type filter based on that appearance.

Just give me a good filter that filters. Don't need any brown sludgy stuff in the filter to start

I do not know why it hasn't dissolved. Forwarding this thread to our chief engineer to get his thoughts. he usually responds quickly so please stand by.

This thing looks like it was worked hard. It held up it appears though so I would probably use another again.

A theory as to the additive not dissolving completely- What if the oil was already saturated with the chemicals that happen to be found in the Fram high mileage not allowing much more to be absorbed by the oil? It appears to me it has dissolved, just not fully.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
I do not know why it hasn't dissolved. Forwarding this thread to our chief engineer to get his thoughts. he usually responds quickly so please stand by.
Cool thanks

Originally Posted By: mazdamonky
This thing looks like it was worked hard. It held up it appears though so I would probably use another again.

A theory as to the additive not dissolving completely- What if the oil was already saturated with the chemicals that happen to be found in the Fram high mileage not allowing much more to be absorbed by the oil? It appears to me it has dissolved, just not fully.
The basket was full, it appeared that none of the stuff came out.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Any word on this Motorking? Thanks

Bump for Jay to see. I have another to cut this week. Two of these have had 0 goop usage, this next one will be the third cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back