Found It!

MolaKule

Staff member

Found it.jpg

I found a 1/2" Truecraft socket in the road in front of out home today. 3/8" drive; looked pretty decent and was definitely used.
I was glad is wasn't one of my Snappys cuz that would not be good...

When I was driving up rt3 to Boston, I would sight a tool.pinpoint its location on the median strip and arrange to pick it up during a stop in the stop and go. It sometimes took a month or so but sooner or later there was a pause. Hand tools, bungee cords and those big straps from flatbed trailers, a few chains. :cool:

I used to ride my road bike along rural blacktops. You can't believe how many hand tools I found over the years.
Don't forget the gloves!
My fave was an 'extendo straw' bottle of 3 in 1 Oil.
The rear bumper of a truck is just too convenient a place to set things down upon.

edit: Of course MolaKule's photo is a set up.....and a darned funny one at that!

Last edited:
After 45 years of commercial driving, one wouldn’t believe the number of ladders I’ve seen lying in the road and medians.

still hanging in our garage is a ballpeen(?) hammer i found in the ice one day as a kid.
Dad was out ice fishing at a local lake with channels into surrounding neighborhoods, I went out "exploring" around the channels...
said lake hasn't had sufficient ice to do so in probably 20 years now, but that's a discussion for another place...

I have found 4 perfectly good tape measures on the side of the road over the years. Hardly scratched was the amazing part.

Nice Greenlee hacksaw, old school.

A number of 10mm open and closed wrenches.

Back